1. Purpose of collecting and using personal information
1) Collection of personal information
We collect only the personal information necessary to use the service. When collecting personal information, we provide detailed information to members and process it with their consent.
2) The following information is collected when registering as a member to use the game service.
Only personal information necessary to use the service is collected. When collecting, we provide detailed information to members and obtain their consent.
- Zepetto Login: Email Address, Phone Number
- Facebook: Member identifier information
- Google: Member identifier information
- Apple: Member identifier information
If you use a Facebook, Google, or Apple account to play the game, we do not collect or store any information other than the member identification number provided by each platform.
3) The following information is automatically collected in the process of using the game service.
- Game and service usage records, DI, nickname, fraudulent usage records, suspension records, access records and access dates, IP address, payment records, game version
- Device information (model name, OS version, country information), advertising ID, store information, cookies.
4) The Company may collect additional information related to customer-related services. However, in this case, a separate personal information collection and use agreement will be obtained.
- Customer Service (CS): email address, character name, circle name, mobile device name, OS version, payment date, payment information
- Account, order number, product name, payment amount, mobile phone number, IP, address, country information, web browser information, etc.
- Events and promotions: name, gender, age, mobile phone number, character name, circle name, etc.
- For event and promotion winners' in-kind product delivery: full name, address, zip code, contact information (such as phone number), unique identification number, copy of ID (for tax billing only)
Payments and subscription withdrawals are stored and processed through payment services provided by the open market and are subject to the terms of service of each company, and we do not directly collect or provide payment-related information.
5) How personal information is collected for each item
6) You can refuse to collect and use personal information, but if you refuse, you may be restricted from using the game.
7) Purpose of using personal information
- Collected by providing a consent process when signing up for the company's services
- Collected through a separate consent process (1:1 inquiry, etc.) for promotions and events
- Collected when responding to users during payment and use, either voluntarily provided by users or requested by necessity
The Company uses personal information for the following purposes. If the purpose is changed, we will inform the member in detail and obtain their consent.
2. Period of retention and use of personal information
Personal information collected with the consent of the user is retained and used for the period of membership. In principle, when the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved, the information is destroyed without delay. However, in the event of withdrawal from the game, personal information is retained for 30 days after the request for withdrawal in order to resolve issues such as consumer complaints, dispute resolution, and unwanted withdrawal due to theft of personal information. In addition, the following information is retained for the period specified as the basis for retention below, and is never used for any other purpose.
1) Reasons for retaining information based on internal policies
- We use personal information for member management, such as to identify you and verify your identity.
- For children under the age of 14, we use personal information to identify the legal representative and confirm the legal representative's intention to consent.
- We use personal information to provide additional services that are directly or indirectly related to the game service.
- We use personal information to notify you of events, promotions, etc.
- We use personal information to confirm the intention to participate in events, deliver prizes to event participants, and process taxes and bills.
- We use personal information to deliver notices for service operation, such as changes in terms and conditions, service failures, game usage history, and personal information usage history.
- We use personal information to respond to member inquiries, handle complaints, and improve member services.
- We use personal information to analyze the service usage environment using service usage records, etc. to improve the service and provide services that take into account member characteristics.
① Selection of event/promotion winners
- Information collected for events: 3 months
- Information collected for promotions: 6 months
※ Retention periods may vary depending on the event/promotion, and the periods listed in the individual event/promotion will be prioritized.
2) Reasons for retaining information under relevant laws
① Communication Secrets Protection Act
- Login-related history: 3 months
② Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.
- Records of display/advertising: 6 months
- Records on contracts or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years
- Records on payment and supply of goods: 5 years
- Records on handling consumer complaints or disputes: 3 years
③ National Taxation Act
3. Procedures and methods for destroying personal information
After fulfilling the purpose of collecting and using personal information, the information is destroyed without delay. The procedure and method of destruction are as follows.
1) Procedure for destroying personal information
- Books and supporting documentation for all transactions as required by tax law: 5 years
The information entered by the member for membership registration, etc. is preserved for a certain period of time after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved, and then destroyed based on the reasons for information protection under internal policies and laws and regulations. However, exceptions are made for cases stipulated in relevant laws and regulations or when consent is obtained from the member.
2) How to destroy personal information
Personal information preserved in the form of electronic files is deleted using a technical method that does not allow the records to be reproduced. Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredding or incineration.
4. Provision of Personal Information
The Company uses your personal information within the scope of the notice, and if it is necessary to provide your personal information to a third party, it may be provided with your consent. However, the following cases are exceptions.
If the user has agreed in advance.
If it is necessary for the settlement of charges for the provision of the Service
When necessary for statistical compilation, academic research, or market research and is processed and provided in a form that cannot recognize a specific individual even when combined with other information.
If there are special provisions in laws such as the Act on Financial Real Name Transactions and Confidentiality, the Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information, the Basic Telecommunications Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Local Tax Act, the Consumer Protection Act, the Bank of Korea Act, and the Criminal Procedure Act, or if requested by courts, investigative agencies, or other administrative agencies for investigative purposes in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed by law.
5. Matters concerning the installation, operation and refusal of automatic collection devices
We use "cookies" to store and retrieve information about you. These are very small text files that the server sends to the user's browser and are stored on the user's device.
When a user uses the service, the server reads the contents of the cookie stored on the user's device to check the user's information and provide the service.
How to set cookies
6. ZEPETTO's Commitment to Protecting Personal Information
ZEPETTO is committed to the safe processing of personal information.
- Internet Explorer: [Tools] → [Internet Options] → [Privacy] → [Advanced] at the top of the web browser.
- Chrome: [⋮] at the top right of the web browser → [Settings] → [Show advanced settings] → Privacy [Content settings].
In order to safely manage users' personal information, we protect personal information as follows in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
establish and implement internal policies for the safe processing of personal information.
We strictly manage access to personal information.
We apply encryption technology to securely store and transmit personal information.
In order to respond to personal information infringement incidents, we keep access records and take measures to prevent forgery and tampering.
Vaccines are installed and operated to protect personal information.
We take physical measures such as installing access control devices, locks, CCTV, etc. to ensure the safe storage of personal information.
7. rights of users and their legal representatives and how to exercise them
ZEPETTO protects the rights of users as follows.
Users (including legal representatives of children under the age of 14) may exercise their rights under the law at any time, including viewing, correcting, suspending processing, withdrawing consent, and requesting deletion of personal information.
You can exercise your rights by writing, e-mail, or facsimile transmission (FAX) to ZEPETTO in accordance with Article 41, Paragraph 1 of the Enforcement Decree of the Personal Information Protection Act, and ZEPETTO will take action without delay.
The following are the recommended ways to exercise your rights.
[Mobile game users]
- ZEPETTO game service: customer center (landline, email) or 1:1 inquiry
- Google, Apple, Naver, Facebook, etc.: Service-specific customer center
You can also exercise your rights through a representative, such as a legal representative of the information subject or a person who has been delegated. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney in the form of Attachment No. 11 to the "Notification on the Method of Processing Personal Information (No. 2020-7)".
Requests for access to personal information and suspension of processing may restrict the rights of the information subject under Article 35 (4) and Article 37 (2) of the Personal Information Protection Act.
A request for correction or deletion of personal information cannot be made if the personal information is specified as the subject of collection in another law.
ZEPETTO shall verify that the person making the request, such as a request for access, a request for correction or deletion, or a request for suspension of processing, in accordance with the rights of the information subject, is the person or a legitimate representative.
8. Personal Information Management Officer and Person in Charge
Users may contact the person in charge of personal information protection and the department in charge for all personal information protection-related inquiries, complaints, damage relief, etc. that occurred while using the service (or business).
ZEPETTO will respond to and process your inquiries without delay
If you need to report or consult about other personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations.
- Responsible person: Ki-young Lim (Privacy Officer/Lead PD)
- Department : POPFING
- Inquiries : 070-7492-9132, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee: (without area code)1833-6972 / www.kopico.go.kr
2. Personal Information Infringement Report Center: (without area code) 118 / privacy.kisa.or.kr
3. Supreme Prosecutors' Office: (without area code) 1301 / www.spo.go.kr
4. National Police Agency: (without area code)182 / ecrm.cyber.go.kr
10. Linked Sites